Audio/Music Production for Visual Media
This course is an in-depth exploration of the tools, techniques, workflows, and creative considerations in producing audio for film, television, and related media. You will explore the history of film as a medium, through the development of technology for synchronizing audio to moving picture, to modern-day practices in audio post-production. You will also explore the process and technique of creating sound for picture. You will gather, craft, edit, and mix sound effects, backgrounds, and Foley that would be applied to visual media. You will prepare for and explore techniques for managing a large ensemble recording session for recording score. You will learn the process of submitting audio stems to the final mix, and learn the final mix itself.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Create sound for picture, applying audio post-production skills
- Gather, craft, edit, and mix sound effects, backgrounds, and Foley
- Prepare for and explore techniques for managing a large ensemble recording session for recording score
- Prepare a film mix “pre-dub,” submit audio stems to the final mix, and complete the final mix itself
- Create a film clip with your own custom-created soundtrack, using the techniques presented throughout the course